Magento Speed and Performance Optimization
Even if your site has perfect design and unique custom functionality, your store should also be as fast as possible to satisfy Google speed standards and your customers' convenience.
This is why it's so important to build your site with professional team of Magento experts who will be fully responsible for all aspects of your store including performance. Our certified specialists will develop your store according to Magento best practices. This is true for both front-end and back-end development. Performance testing is a vital part of each project we build.
However, if you have speed problems with your existing store, our specialists can help you as well.
Each store is unique and requires individual professional investigation. Most speed bottlenecks are connected with architecture of your custom modules, not optimized code and sometimes Magento core behavior. This is why we recommend entrusting the job to a certified team that can perform advanced Magento performance audit, code optimization, as well as server optimization.
Magento speed optimization experience
Our Magento optimization experience is confirmed by our partners:
NewRelic continues monitoring service
I noticed that your application with the most traffic is SUPER fast! (avg transaction time of 477ms)! Great job!
I noticed that your application with the most traffic is SUPER fast! (avg transaction time of 477ms)! Great job! I would highly recommend lowering the t-value on your Apdex score (currently at 1.5 sec) so that you receive more meaningful alerts. :)
– Phil Robleto, Global Account Manager, New Relic, Inc
Examples of our speed optimization work
Here are a few examples of websites optimized by our team:
Optimization of happychefuniforms.com
The delivered result has truly exceeded our expectations. We would strongly consider hiring Astrio again.
It can't get any better for any outsourced project! Fast communication, deep knowledge of Magento systems, personal approach and top notch quality. That was our experience working with Astrio. The delivered result has truly exceeded our expectations. We would strongly consider hiring Astrio again.
– Michael, Project manager, HappyChefUniforms.com
Optimization of tigerfist.com
They found the problems and brought our website back to life. Great job!
They found the problems and brought our website back to life. Our team was not able to resolve these issue on their own, so we hired Astrio team for performance tuning. They followed by sending us a detailed Magento optimization reports including the source of the problems and how they were solved. It's exactly what I've been looking for. Great job!
– Patrick Zackert, Project manager, TigerFist.com
Optimization of rugpal.com
Astrio has really helped our business.
The are not only highly technically competent, they are professional, communicate effectively, and went the extra mile to ensure that we were completely satisfied with the speed optimization service. Astrio has really helped our business.
– Kevin Tavakol, CEO, RugPal.com
Optimization of 411buyitnow.com
Our website is now more stable and the loading speed is excellent!
Astrio improved our website speed performance and we are very satisfied with the result. Our website is now more stable and the loading speed is excellent! I would recommend them because they did a very professional job.
– Kevin, CEO, 411buyitnow.com
Ready to speed up your Magento store?
If you are ready to start the project, just drop us a line and we will provide you a free quote or free consultation.
Magento speed optimization overview
Most hosting providers speed up your store based on additional configurations of the server environment (install PHP cache, or change specific settings of the web-server). Usually it works great and we also perform such optimizations. However if the problem is in the Magento core or 3-rd party Magento modules, you need a team of certified Magento developers who have experience in Magento core architecture and performance optimization. In most cases, both the server environment and Magento code need tweaking at the same time to bring the best possible performance result.
Our team will perform a complex analysis of your store including both server and Magento speed optimization analysis.
The Magento performance audit includes:
- Server environment checking. Our specialists will perform a full check of your server environment and provide settings that will work best for your store.
- Magento settings checking. Our specialists will locate bottlenecks caused by incorrect/not optimal Magento settings and solve these issues.
- Magento code optimization. Very often speed problems in Magento are caused by 3rd-party modules or conflicts of the modules. Our experienced developers can locate these problems and resolve them.
- Magento profiling. Magento profiling is a great feature which can locate almost all performance bottlenecks in your Magento store. Our specialists can perform such a profiling investigation of your store and locate and resolve performance problems.
- Database performance. We will record all slow queries of your database and will analyze them. After that, we will perform an optimization of MySQL queries so it will be as fast as possible.
Another side of the speed up process is the configuration of the server environment. Our specialists can consult you regarding choosing hosting/hardware as well as configure the existing environment:
- Nginx webserver installation. Based on our experience, we can say that using Nginx web-server for a Magento website is one of the fastest solutions nowadays. Using Nginx can dramatically increase your store performance.
- PHP tuning. The installation of additional speed improvements modules for PHP, such as APC etc. can also increase the speed of your store. Besides that, we implement Magento recommended PHP settings that have been fully tested on thousands of successful stores.
- Advanced server caching. There are many great caching technologies currently, such as Varnish, Redis, etc. For each unique store, we choose that combination of caching modules that will work best for that individual Magento store.
- MySQL tuning. The performance of the MySQL database also can be a weak point of your system. Our specialists will apply the recommended settings for MySQL as well as perform a full testing of the MySQL performance.